........


........................

..........................................................312 Main Street
.........................................................Laurel Maryland
........................................................Howard County
.......
................................
.................................... ...................
The Laurel Theatre was listed from atleast 1930 to the early 1970's,  closing around 1975. In later years, it was used as a dinner theatre. The theatre building replaced the Red Wing Theatre ( mid 1910's to late 1920's ) that had been on that site earlier, but had burned down. There had also been a Red Wing Theatre in East Baltimore City.
     The Laurel seated between 400 and 499 people, but in later years seated 785. Before the Laurel, movies were also shown at the Academy of Music, located at Rt 1 and St George Street, that theatre being torn down years ago.

................. ......................
..................................................................



........... ...... .........
....
.........................................................................................................................